Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer Garden & A Night in Espana!

I'm so glad this week is over! It has truly been a roller coaster, but I persevered. As I mentioned in my last blog, I was working on these two cakes, both due the same day!! I wouldn't mind if they were small cakes, no sweat! But they were large cakes and detailed. And you know how nervous I get anyway with decorating. So this certainly had me drinking 3 cups of coffee in one day and I'm not a big coffee drinker, yikes!

One cake was made for Dr. Melissa Kanes from Chiropractor for Prevention. It was a "Flamenco Dancing" theme. Well, I didn't do so good with making the dancer out of gum paste. Poor girl was missing a limb, and that can't be good, lol! So I opted for one of those fake 1/2 Barbie dolls that you just stick in the cake, but I was still having trouble making a gum paste dress. I think I was just too overwhelmed and impatient, and for all of you that know me, know what I'm talking about. BUT it was a hit and Melissa cried when she saw it, YAY!

I have to give a big "THANKS" to my girl Brianna, for stepping in and helping me out! She saw my dilemma and her "Project Runway" skills just took over! That 1/2 Barbie was styling and ready to top that cake! So take a look and both of our handy work.



The second cake was for one of the ladies that work where I get treated for physical therapy. She needed a cake for her friend's bridal shower, which was a nice summer theme. Not just any cake, a 2-tiered cake. Folks just like to give me a challenge, lol! So again, we searched for a design and came up with this. And AGAIN, thank you to Bri for helping me out in decorating, it came out lovely.

It was a lot of work and a little stressful, but in the end it was all good. So stay tuned for more to come!

Happy Baking!

No comments: