Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer Fun!

Hi All - Well my friend's neice, Khume, had asked me to make an ice cream cake for her. My initial reaction was "Do I look like Baskin Robbins"! Even though, I love their icecream cake song:-) Against my better judgement I said yes I will try. I just couldn't say no to that face!

I did my research, like I always do when making something new, and found the actual Baskin Robbin's ice cream cake recipe. I just used my own red velvet cake receipt and topped if off with some vanilla fudge ice cream with vanilla ice cream as a frosting. I thought I had this in the bag, until I realized I didn't have enough room in my freezer. Well after I threw out half the things in my freezer, ice cream all over the kitchen and huge fight with my husband, I was able to accomplish this little/huge task. HA! All went well, until we had to transport it to New Jersey. I said to myself...what was I thinking to perform this miracle! LOL! I ran to the store for a cooler and ice and was able to make my own little transportable freezer. It turned out perfect and Khume was thrilled! I'm glad, 'cause I'm not making another:-)


No comments: