Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Heatwave Can't Stop Us!

The last couple of weeks have been unbearably hot! I can't think straight, sleep right or eat (well maybe that is a good thing) due to this heat, let alone bake! But that hasn't stopped people from placing orders with me (Thank You to my customers!).

This week I have two large cakes to make and I mistakenly said I can make something that I don't have experience in, gumpaste people! Well I did make a little baby and a giraffe for my girlfriend's baby shower cake and that came out nice. I was surfing the net a few days ago looking for advice, videos, chat rooms about the subject and came across this woman's blog: Extra Icing on the Cake. Her name is Lorraine McKay from London and WOW is she talented! She offers online tutorials on how to make these gumpaste people, can you believe! I was so excited to find something like that.

So I think I'm going to get some 5-hour energy shots, drink a big glass of cold water and go for it! I'm going to attempt to make a little flamenco dancer girl as a topper to a cake.

Stay tuned....

No comments: