Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mardi Gras Cake

I was asked to make a 3-tier cake for a 50th birthday party. I saw the photo they had that they wanted me to imitate from Cakes by May. I took on the project with much ambition. But when I actually started making it, I realized how difficult this project was for one person. My hats go off to all those bakers out there who have a team to work with. It came out pretty good, but I still have a way to go. Thanks to Crystal for having the confidence in me to produce this colorful cake for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cake was wonderful and very tasty. Thank you for all your hard work in making this cake for me.
Crystal

Unknown said...

The Mardi Gras Cake looks so yummy!! I am also making plans for a huge birthday party for my nephew. But have made the mind to reserve a local Chicago event space instead of hosting the bash at home. We haven’t decided on any theme yet but will be deciding on a theme soon.